Truck Accidents

Accidents involving semi or other large trucks are different and unique from regular auto accidents and need to be handled differently. If you are injured in a truck accident, you may have both a workers' compensation and an accident claim.

If you were working at the time of the accident, you may have a workers' compensation claim. The workers' compensation claim will pay your medical bills and lost wages, but will not compensate you for your pain and suffering. If someone else is at fault for the accident, you may also have a claim for your pain and suffering through that individual's insurance. If the person did not have insurance, you may still have a uninsured motorists' claim under either your insurance or the insurance of the company you were working for.

If you have both a workers' compensation and an accident claim, there are laws requiring the BWC to be reimbursed out of the settlement with the insurance carrier. If the BWC is not reimbursed appropriately, you can be held personally liable for anything paid out in your workers' compensation claim. The Friedman Law Firm will help you obtain the most for your injury claim, and will negotiate a fair amount to reimburse to the BWC.

We can help you recover for:

  • Medical expenses - including doctor visits and prescriptions
  • Physical therapy/rehabilitation cost
  • Lost wages
  • Pain and suffering
  • Property Damage
  • Other expenses associated with your accident

Contact us at our Cleveland or Ashtabula offices to discuss your claim and how we may help you recover monetary damages for your injuries. If you are unable to come to our offices, we can come to you.